I am Dulyana Galappaththi from Buddhist Ladies’ College Col-07. I joined the Colombo Children’s Book Society in 2011, which was indeed a turning point where I received a massive opportunity to develop my talents further. Since 2012, I took part in every event organized by the CCBS. My first experience was The Children’s Summer Camp 2012. I worked as a Deputy Leader and I received the Highest marks from the entire camp as well. Since then I took part in every summer camp as I could.
The CCBS encouraged me to develop my art skills where I got the opportunity to receive a Gold Medal in the Kshitij International child Art Exhibition 2012.
Few other achievements.
- Kshitij Child Art Exhibition 2015 Merit Award.
- 12th SAARC Youth Festival 2013 Greetings Galore-Merit Award Fantasies-Merit Award
- National Child Hero Day-2012 Essay Competition 1st place.
- National Children’s English Day 2012. Speech Competition-First Place.
- Universal Children’s Week 2012 Child Songs competition-First Place (Primary section)
All the experiences and achievements I’ve gained paved me the way to uplift my leadership skills as the Junior Deputy Head Prefect of the School in 2017 and indeed these experiences helped me a lot to achieve a best result of 9 A passes in the GCE O/L Examination 2018.
I wish to be part of the CCBS in the future and to enhance my personality further and I also invite my friends to be part of this massive programme and enhance your personality too.